Preparing teens with learning, attention, social and emotional differences for the transition to college
Saturday, April 25, 2015
8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Greater Chicago West
705 Jackson Boulevard
Oak Park, Illinois 60304
RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY BY CALLING 708-771-7777
Panel Presentation and Discussion
- Learn the differences between high school and college that can cause even the most prepared teenager to have a rocky take-off and solo flight
- Become more aware of the additional challenges that teens with emotional, social, learning, and attentional differences are “at-risk” for experiencing
- Evaluate your current patterns of interaction to determine if they are promoting or inhibiting college readiness in the teens in your life.
- Learn how to develop an Individualized College Readiness Plan to use at home, at school with teens or in your work with college bound teens with ADHD/LD.
- Become aware of resources & procedures for selecting an appropriate post-secondary setting for teens with ADHD/LD and strategies for increasing their success
- Learn how to help teens understand their hard-wiring to make best-fit career selection & to get the order right - Career and Majors before College selection.